Sunday 30 May 2010

Howard McCullough Plays




Now an offering of Howard McCullough's, and his style is a little quieter than his suit.

It's a sound similar to Ena Baga's - a little bit of rhythm here and there, and a gentle pulsation as Howard tickles the plastic ivories. A point of interest would be Howard's rendition of 'The Stripper' which would certainly get me hot under the collar, if it didn't conjour up the image of Ena Baga taking her clothes off.

This sounds like I've gone overboard on the dynamic compression, but it was on the record - for that 'breathy vibe' I suppose..

Howard McCullough Plays 72Mb

Ripped and Encoded by Slothy@256kbps

5 comments:

  1. PARKER GET OFF THAT ORGAN AND BRING ROUND THE ROLLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi slothy - that ceefax megadownload is finally finished. I gave it to cosmo to put it on his site if u r interested. U can also put it on ur site too if u want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am new to your blog. I had been here before, as I was led to the Deco Disco Camp Galore album through a link on another blog, but I really only start now looking around here.

    Nice Hammond section, I will look (and listen) into that!

    But what is with these weird comments here? I assume they were spam and you deleted them. But why would people go on a vintage music blog to post spam? I don't get that!

    Since you haven't done anything here lately, I assume you had enough, which I find very sad.

    ReplyDelete