Thursday 19 December 2019

Bob Kerr and His Whoopee Band - Molotov Cocktails for Two

As we prepare to venture into a new decade, I'm sticking with music inspired by the 20s, as very soon we'll have to add a '19' to that so nobody gets confused. These are the last few days during which we can just say 'the 20s' and I'm very sad (yes, in more ways than one).



Anyway, I just wonder if we might see a resurgence in clarinet playing, bespecatcled people hanging off of very tall buildings in films and tuberculosis. Probably not, but I can dream.

This latest offering is courtesy of Bob Kerr and his accompanying Whoopee Band which is indeed very silly, but all the more likeable for that. Find the humble banjo lauded in the track Pleasant Pluckers, or their rendition of The Old Bazaar in Cairo in which the phrase 'fanny hair' is cheekily placed, or perhaps the not so subtle My Baby's Wild About my Old Trombone.

Amid all this fun however is a rather jarring version of the great Winchester Cathedral when the band must have got lost somewhere and a MIDI sound module was drafted in. Shocking!

Molotov Cocktails for Two

Ripped and Encoded by Slothy@320kbps

No comments:

Post a Comment