Wednesday 8 January 2020

The New Goodies LP

 Happy new year everybody! Now that Pigeonshit is into its third decade (technically true), here's a dusty old reupload from the days when I'd contribute to the great X-Y-Z Cosmonaut's Cosmoblog..

Among all-male comedy trio shows on BBC1 in the 70s, The Goodies is the best and I was a big fan. Mind you, comedy tends to be funnier when you're very young indeed.

A friend tipped me off about this LP being in a local charity shop, so I went there post-haste and claimed my prize! I was very lucky, and so was The British Heart Foundation.



Some fine examples of Bill Oddie's musical talent are here, and I'll admit to being as much of a fan of Bill's as he is (he's avid birdwatcher so likes bills/never mind) - there's some great tunes here, my favourite being 'Cricklewood Shakedown'. It also includes the critically acclaimed song Funky Gibbon which got all the way to number 4 in the UK charts in 1975. After exposure by Dr Demento, it even got to number 79 in the Billboard Hot 100 in the US! Wow!

Do..Do..Do.. enjoy The New Goodies LP
Ripped and Encoded by Slothy@256kbps

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. I have some Goodies records, but never digitized them.
    You've got some Good Goodies tunes on this one.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more of the Goodies' originals, but have sworn not to buy more records as I haven't got the space! Maybe I should look into local self-storage facilities.

    ReplyDelete